Practice Road Safety Before You Take the Wheel
Be prepared for whatever might happen on the road.
Even if you maintain your car, roadside emergencies can happen to anyone. Watch this video to learn how to be prepared for whatever might happen.
Having an emergency kit for your car is important for long road trips and day-to-day travel. Choose from a number of prepackaged emergency kits, or put one together yourself—you can use the example below as a guide.
Roadside Safety Kit
- Cell phone charger or a charged cell phone
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Jumper cables or portable battery booster
- Warning hazards (triangles) or flares
- Tire-pressure gauge
- Foam tire sealant
- Hand sanitizer
- Clean rags or towels
- Water and nonperishable food/snacks
- Windshield scraper and/or shovel in winter
- Duct tape
- Multipurpose utility tool
After you view the video, be sure to take a look at Your Trusted SolutionsSM to find offers and savings from vendor partners to help you accomplish our Mastering Disaster tips.